Safe Security Services Ltd - A founding member of Eurosafe UK (March 2011)
The primary objective to restore confidence in European standards for testing & rating cash safes, security cabinets, document fire safes & computer data safes.
EUROSAFE UK CONSTITUTION
Aims and objectives
- To represent the interests of manufacturers and distributors of safes.
- To take such steps as necessary to improve & maintain the standard of safes UK marketed.
- To assist in the restoring of confidence in current European standards for testing & rating such products.
- To work with the international parent body, Eurosafe, to promote recognition of the European Fire & Security Group (EFSG) and the European Certification Board.Security (ECB.S).
- To ensure a duty of care to member’s customers by adhering to the association’s Code of Practice.
- To advise insurers, underwriters, insurance brokers & their representative bodies of the advantages of recommending safes tested & certified by the BRE/LPCB in the UK, or tested by foreign laboratories affiliated with the EFSG or certified by ECB.S.
Key achievements have already been made, an example include works undertaken by Mike Palmer a Eurosafe founding member, & also an associated member of the AiS (Association of Insurance Surveyors) Safe Committee. Mike & the AiS Safe committee were concerned by the general lack of guidance regarding EN1143-1, EN1143-2 & EN1450 safe certifications & confusion caused by the controversy surrounding some foreign test houses. To help clarify matters, the committee approved the creation of an AiS Approved Safe Scheme being an extension to their annual Safe List.
AiS approved safe - ‘In our opinion an A.I.S approved safe is a sign of a quality safe.
AiS have advised their members and license holders that they would mark as ‘approved’ safes tested in the UK by BRE/LPCB & any foreign test house associated with the European Fire & Security Group & the European Certification Board – Security.